Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone XR , LTE and WiFi ISSUES !!!! DROP CALING

Apple can’t fix my 2 month old IPhone XR with the signal and drop calling Issue . Won’t give my money back either!

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 9:19 PM

What kind of WiFi issues are you having? I have an iPhone XS (not the MAX; regular size), and I just discovered that the Wifi connection to the phone is extremely slow/limited. I have an iPhone 6 and a 2015 MacBook Pro that are both getting excellent Wifi speed to each device via my high performance router, while my XS is crawling.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2019 9:19 PM in response to zsoltvegas

What kind of WiFi issues are you having? I have an iPhone XS (not the MAX; regular size), and I just discovered that the Wifi connection to the phone is extremely slow/limited. I have an iPhone 6 and a 2015 MacBook Pro that are both getting excellent Wifi speed to each device via my high performance router, while my XS is crawling.

Feb 27, 2019 10:16 AM in response to KiltedTim

When a customer pays a large amount of money for a product that's expected to work as described, they have every right to log questions, rants and anything in the middle. I am on T-Mobile and I have extremely slow WiFi issues on my iPhone XS. Are you going to tell me that it's also T-Mobile's fault that my Wifi on my phone isn't working? A Wifi network is not a cellular network. One has nothing to do with the other. I turn my cellular OFF and keep WiFi on, and STILL get a slow WiFi connection on my device while on my gigabit home connection. I have an Asus AC3100 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router, connected to Verizon Fios on a gigabit plan. So it isn't my router, or T-Mobile's cellular network. I have other devices on my home router getting super fast speeds, and I've replicated the problem on other WiFi networks outside of my home with the same results. Please don't let your Apple loyalty discredit valid concerns from other Apple product owners.  

Mar 22, 2019 3:44 PM in response to sum_uk

We had the same problem... mainly with going from WIFI to LTE. Basically the reconnect to LTE did not happen, and we had to reboot the phone. A knowledgeable person at the Apple store gave 2 solutions:

• Replace the SIM card. This worked!
    • Not sure why it worked... we replaced the XR once and still had the same problem. But the new SIM did the trick.

AND/OR

• Reset the phone to the factory settings, as if brand new, then restore from recent back-up.
    • We did not take this step, since the SIM worked.
    • The Apple guy said that the iPhone 6 backup could be corrupt or just had a problem when 'setup from the backup'.

Hope this helps.

Mar 22, 2019 3:49 PM in response to zsoltvegas

Meant to respond sooner... we seem to have found a fix:

Came across a guy at the Apple store who gave some options. Here goes:

• Replace the SIM card.  This worked!
    • Not sure why it worked... we replaced the XR once and still had the same problem.  But the new SIM did the trick.

AND/OR

• Reset the phone to the factory settings, as if brand new, then restore from recent back-up.
    • We did not take this step, since the SIM worked.
    • The Apple guy said that the iPhone 6 backup could be corrupt or just had a problem when 'setup from the backup'.

Hope this helps.

Feb 26, 2019 11:16 PM in response to zsoltvegas

I just got off a chat with Apple Support. They ran a diagnostic on my phone and all the software looked good but the analytics tool that they use (found on your phone: settings>Privacy>Analytics) could not get a read on the hardware. I have to go into the Apple Store and have them take a look. I'm pretty sure after they look at it, I'll be leaving with a replacement phone. Nothing else has worked; not even a factory reset. I have the same issue as you. I'm sure your phone is still covered under manufacturers warranty and may be eligible for replacement as defective. Only way to find out for sure is to bring it to an Apple Store, if that's an option for you, depending where you live. You may also be able to send it in. If they find it's defective, they'll send you a replacement.

Feb 27, 2019 8:29 AM in response to robbeltran1

apple already changed 3 times my phone in 30 days. They said my carrier is the problem. So I switched from Sprint to Verizon and I still have the same problem. Sprint , Verizon and Apple engineering team also checked my phone and they said “ other people have the same problem and we doing investigation “ ! But they don’t know how long it’s gonna take . I can’t really usu my phone . Every day dropping calls, no signal many times . After 5 seconds when I talk on the phone is mute everything and I can’t hear anything! I have to turn off and turn back on my phone to fix the 5 seconds mute problem. But few hour later start over again. Apple said they can’t do anything, can’t give my money back till the investigation is done. But that could take months and till then I can’t use my phone as usually!

Feb 27, 2019 8:49 AM in response to KiltedTim

I’m using IPhone for the last 7 years. I was with Sprint for 5 years. Never had problem with any of my iPhone or Sprint service. Soon as I get my new IPhone XR I have no signal. Believe me Sprint and Verizon did everything they could. Can u imagine what I went through if Apple engineering team don’t know what to do!!! And they doing investigation. Last 30 days I was on the phone at least 20 hours with Apple engineering team to try to fix my problem but nothing, and they can’t do anything. They did everything they could. They said wait till the investigation will finished. But they don’t know when it’s gonna be. Of course I don’t have any other phone I can use till then and I’m suffering every day with this phone

Mar 2, 2019 9:38 AM in response to KiltedTim

We also have problems with the XR as well. Apple replaced phone, but same problem occurred. WiFi to LTE doesn’t work. Playing with the WiFi Assist (turned off and back on again) and Cellular Roaming Settings (set to Voice and Data) is working now. Will test more today... as others reported temporary success.

This is not very smooth from the Apple perspective (compared to prior phone releases).

Mar 2, 2019 12:10 PM in response to Segway70

Looks like I have to buy and other phone “not IPhone “ I’m using iPhone for 7 years without any problem. But now I can’t wait few more months till Apple figure out what is the problem, because my phone acting weird every day and I cant use it . I’m tired of this . Looks like many people had the same problem as Apple not doing anything about it

Mar 22, 2019 9:39 AM in response to zsoltvegas

I am in the same situation as others. Using Apple iPhone for years, upgraded to iPhone XR from iPhone 6s Plus in January 2019. A disaster to be honest.

From start there are problems with weak 4g and WiFi. Going in circles with apple and network provider. Apple has replaced the phone with new phone but the issues are still there, nothing got fixed. Network provider has done all the checks, according to them nothing wrong with the reception/signal.

I wish I could have researched it before buying it. I hope Apple can acknowledge the issue and fix it.

IPhone XR , LTE and WiFi ISSUES !!!! DROP CALING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.