Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My PC has USB only, and now I cannot sync my iPad Pro 2018's USB-C to my PC

I have:

1. Reinstall iTunes, update to the latest
  2. Try Samsung's USB-C male to USB male cable to connect to my PC. Computer detect a connected device, but iTunes did not detect my iPad
  3. Bought a new Maven USB-C male to USB male cable to do the same thing. Doesn't work.
  4. Bought a Baseus USB male to USB-C female so that I can use the original Apple USB-C cable, doesn't work either.
  5. Give up

Can somebody help me with my issue? Because I say iPad Pro 2018 is a pain in the neck.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 8:38 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 28, 2019 8:44 AM in response to rochelimit

Can you see the iPad in My Computer when it is plugged in? I would uninstall iTunes and its components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

Restart your PC. Download and install the latest iTunes.

More info here:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

Mar 3, 2019 5:22 AM in response to rochelimit

I find a solution:

Finally I bought the ANKER USB-C to USB 3.0. The guy explained that my MAVEN USB charging data clearly cannot transfer data, he said usually the one that is able transfer data usually has blue coloration on the hole-tip of the USB 3.0. The Belkin mentioned by rbrylawski probably work well too. The key is you gotta read whether the cable has "Premium Charging and Data Cable"

So everything is solved! No need to reinstall iTunes.

Mar 1, 2019 7:43 PM in response to ShagCA

I have 2 iPads, one is an iPar Pro 9.7, the other is the iPad Pro 3rd gen.

My iTunes detected my iPad Pro 9.7 fine, but did not detect the iPad Pro 3rd gen.

I wanted to uninstall iTunes, but with Windows, you'll never know if a problem while occur while reinstalling iTunes of a missing Apple Mobile device support, etc. It happened to my computer almost too many times when a new iTunes software is introduced. I'm a bit traumatized by this, a simple minute of syncing iPad can turn into days of figuring out how to install iTunes in my Windows.

Do you think it would be helpful to uninstall and reinstall the iTunes with my old iPad working just fine? Why does iTunes have to be very complicated.

My PC has USB only, and now I cannot sync my iPad Pro 2018's USB-C to my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.