Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows refuses to work with Outlook

I have a Dell XPS 15 less than a year old. I run Windows 10 1809 now. I also use Office 2016 for Home use and SOHO.

Ever since I started using this laptop iCloud for Windows refused to work with Outlook.

Today I removed all Apple software from my laptop and installed a fresh copy of iCloud for Windows.

It's still not working.

On my previous laptop iCloud for Windows worked fine.

Installation of iCloud for Windows is done without any warnings or errors.

As soon as I log in to iCloud the first thing I get is this:

The error says: Repair iCloud for Windows to make it work with Outlook.

Of course I tried to repair iCloud as stated (many times) but that does not change a thing.

The option for Mail, contacts, etc is grayed out and iCloud does not work with Outlook.

I had some hope this would be fixed by an update, but after several updates it seems Apple is ignoring the people complaining about this issue.

Apple support: please help me (and the others) out and help me to fix this!

Not so happy greeting,

from the low lands.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 11:49 AM

Hi MrsOverseas,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post correctly, when using iCloud for Windows you're unable to use Outlook and getting an error message to repair iCloud for Windows.

I have two articles called Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows and Get help using iCloud for Windows that has some additional steps to take to troubleshoot this issue.

If you continue to experience this issue you can Contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

Best regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2019 11:49 AM in response to MrsOverseas

Hi MrsOverseas,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post correctly, when using iCloud for Windows you're unable to use Outlook and getting an error message to repair iCloud for Windows.

I have two articles called Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows and Get help using iCloud for Windows that has some additional steps to take to troubleshoot this issue.

If you continue to experience this issue you can Contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

Best regards.

iCloud for Windows refuses to work with Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.