Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with bluetooth connection Iphone xs max and mercedes

As per comments left here previously, I am not able to play music from my Iphone or receive messages when I try to connect the phone to the car media system. I didn't have this problem previously when using Iphone 7 plus.

I have tried the fixes mentioned in previous posts here which worked for about a day before the problem returns. I took the car to Mercedes for them to check and they said that there is no problem. I have also read messages here suggesting it might be a problem with the latest IOS update.

It is really annoying and I just wish I could get some advice as to how to resolve this issue once and for all without it returning again

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 7:36 AM

More than likely Mercedes will need to release a firmware update for your system to make it compatible with the latest iPhone devices or the latest iOS release. This is not a problem that is limited to the iPhone. If you read Android forums you'll see that they have the same problem with newer devices and newer OS releases. Until there is a standard on how a phone connects to a vehicle this will continue to be an issue.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2019 7:36 AM in response to m_soz71

More than likely Mercedes will need to release a firmware update for your system to make it compatible with the latest iPhone devices or the latest iOS release. This is not a problem that is limited to the iPhone. If you read Android forums you'll see that they have the same problem with newer devices and newer OS releases. Until there is a standard on how a phone connects to a vehicle this will continue to be an issue.

Mar 28, 2019 9:15 AM in response to anypats

I thought Bluetooth was the standard.

It's not Mercedes. It's many car brands. Mine is a Kia. It will pair, and then connect one or two more times upon restarting the car. Then it won't any more. "Pairing failed." Then I have to delete the phone from the audio system, and delete the car from the phone's Bluetooth device list. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Mar 28, 2019 10:45 AM in response to m_soz71

Whenever this has happened to me it usually followed an iOS update, the only way I managed to get it sorted was following the advice offered by DStewart.

”Then I have to delete the phone from the audio system, and delete the car from the phone's Bluetooth device list” plus if it’s available restart (or reboot) the cars system prior to re-pairing again.

Only doing part of the above doesn’t always work in my experience.

Problems with bluetooth connection Iphone xs max and mercedes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.