Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime drops connection after 20 seconds

Hello,

I'm based in Spain and have a UK phone contracted to Vodafone on free European roaming

Recently I have experienced this fault, my iPhone X decides to drop FaceTime audio and video after exactly 20 seconds then attempts to reconnect without success. If I take the audio or video call on my MacBook Pro it connects and holds the connection without issue.

I'm on a wireless Fibre broadband connection in my home office and the voice quality is good (until the phone disconnects). No connection issues. This may have started on the last iPhone update

I'm currently on iOS 12.1.4 and High Sierra 10.13.6 on the MacBook Pro

Thanks

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 4:53 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2019 9:31 AM in response to VillaCo

Hey VillaCo

Thanks for reaching out on Apple Support Communities!  It seems that you’re experiencing some disconnection issues when talking to others via FaceTime.  I know how important it is to remain in contact with others, so I’d like to help.

I’d recommend starting by trying the FaceTime call on another network.  Let’s test that by trying on both a different Wi-Fi network and by using cellular data to see if the behavior persists.

I’d also recommend that you restart your device.  If you’re still experiencing these issues after doing these steps, Contact - Official Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Facetime drops connection after 20 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.