Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Itunes Account

Bought my wife an iPhone SE a few months ago and am now trying to fix her up with some music via iTunes. The app is already on my PC in my username/password

I sign into the account using my wife's Apple username/password. But as soon as I connect her phone it wants to set it up as a new phone either from scratch or using my stored data. Neither are suitable as the phone is already set up and being used. If I go down the line of setting it up as a new phone will all her information already on the phone be lost?

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 7:06 AM

Set up as a new device allows iTunes to connect to the device and back it up. It doesn't overwrite what is on the device, although that could happen later depending on what you choose to sync to the device. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for problems you will encounter trying to manage content from two Apple IDs on a single computer.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2019 7:06 AM in response to PhilE47

Set up as a new device allows iTunes to connect to the device and back it up. It doesn't overwrite what is on the device, although that could happen later depending on what you choose to sync to the device. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for problems you will encounter trying to manage content from two Apple IDs on a single computer.

tt2

Mar 6, 2019 12:47 PM in response to PhilE47

1. Unlock the device before connecting to iTunes.
  2. Enable the sidebar with View > Show Sidebar if hidden.
  3. Select some tracks in your iTunes library.
  4. Drag & drop the selection onto the device where it appears in the sidebar.

If this device had previously had content added to it from another library there might be an erase and sync warning at this point. Continuing would erase previously added media.

tt2

Mar 6, 2019 12:22 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I'm not sure if I'm attempting the impossible but I tried a manual synchronisation to transfer an album from the Library to my wife's iPhone. Advice from Apple Help was:

Music

Library

Downloaded

Right click Add Device

Add device is not there, just Add Playlist, etc.

In her settings I have avoided ticking the Automatic Synchronisation box as I don't want to put what is my music onto her phone. Not sure if that's correct.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Second Itunes Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.