Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect Apple TV to projector and home theater system?

I have a problem with Apple TV 4K

The Apple TV works very nice, when connected to the TV.

(TV : LG, LED TV 43LH551C)

However when I connect it to my projector, only get a blank screen.

(Projector Manufactured by EIKI, Model No : LC-X350)

With iPhone or iPad, I can checked the Apple TV is working(Airplay).

I tried HDMI, VGA to HDMI converter, change cables, but the results were just the same.

My questions :

1. Do I need a special converter for Apple TV 4K?
  2. Is this not usable with my projectors?
  3. I need any solutions.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2019 12:26 AM

That projector doesn’t have HDMI, but it has DVI. Possibly an adapter cable can help (for video signal only).

Analog adapters/converters are useless for HDCP.

The projector supports Video Modes 720p, 1080i, 1035i, 576i, 576p, 480p, 480i. For Apple TV the signal needs to be progressive, so that would mean that the 720p setting is your highest resolution choice.

Either set the Apple TV to 720p before connecting to the projector, or you can slowly cycle through the available resolutions with the remote (Menu and Volume Down), until you get a working resolution.

If your Apple TV won't turn on - Apple Support (→Try switching to another display mode)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2019 12:26 AM in response to AppleTVdestroyer

That projector doesn’t have HDMI, but it has DVI. Possibly an adapter cable can help (for video signal only).

Analog adapters/converters are useless for HDCP.

The projector supports Video Modes 720p, 1080i, 1035i, 576i, 576p, 480p, 480i. For Apple TV the signal needs to be progressive, so that would mean that the 720p setting is your highest resolution choice.

Either set the Apple TV to 720p before connecting to the projector, or you can slowly cycle through the available resolutions with the remote (Menu and Volume Down), until you get a working resolution.

If your Apple TV won't turn on - Apple Support (→Try switching to another display mode)

How to connect Apple TV to projector and home theater system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.