Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doesn't find a couple of songs/albums on Apple Music

Hello to all,

My music library is mostly populated with albums that I have ripped myself on my MAC. I am using iCloud Music Library. After ripping the album Megalomania from Aqua, it appear on all my devices. On Apple Music on my iPhone, I can download the files from that album without problem and I even can play it on my HomePod.

If I search in Apple Music for that album, I do not find it anywhere. My question is how Apple Music is playing that album if I can't find it in Apple Music ?

This is one example, I have other songs and album that I can't find in the search.

Am I alone in that situation ?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2019 10:41 AM

It’s a feature, not a bug.

When setting up iCloud Music Library, your previous library was matched to Apple Music, to see which songs were also in Apple’s catalog. The songs without a match would then be (converted and) uploaded to a personal iCloud space, in order to have all your music available on all your devices. These would then be accessible only to you (your account), but not be incorporated into the Apple Music catalog.

Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If you consider the iTunes library on your Mac as the master library, then you can even update new additions from there.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2019 10:41 AM in response to MartinAppleUsr

It’s a feature, not a bug.

When setting up iCloud Music Library, your previous library was matched to Apple Music, to see which songs were also in Apple’s catalog. The songs without a match would then be (converted and) uploaded to a personal iCloud space, in order to have all your music available on all your devices. These would then be accessible only to you (your account), but not be incorporated into the Apple Music catalog.

Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If you consider the iTunes library on your Mac as the master library, then you can even update new additions from there.

Doesn't find a couple of songs/albums on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.