Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot add icloud email in Outlook

I am assuming that problem is really silly, however I don't know, what Im doing wrong.

in Outlook 2016, Windows 10. when attempt to add icloud email, Im receiving an error "cannot log in to the incoming e-mail server IMAP (...)"

By using same credentials Im able to login into icloud.com.

Attached print screen presents settings (sorry but I cannot change for English language).

as authentication method, for my apple id, Im using security question (not 2FA)

please let me know, if you have any ideas :)

Zbyszek

[Image Edited by Host]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 17, 2019 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 3:23 PM

Greetings zbigniewww,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you're unable to add your iCloud account to Outlook on your PC.

To add your iCloud Mail account to Outlook, an app-specific password would need to be set up with Outlook, which requires two-factor authentication with your Apple ID. You can see this information, and steps for setting this up, from the following guide: Using app-specific passwords

If you don't wish to update to two-factor authentication, you can consider using iCloud for Windows, which would have your iCloud Mail account appear in the folder pane on the left side of Microsoft Outlook, as described in the following guide: Set up and use iCloud for Windows

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2019 3:23 PM in response to zbigniewww

Greetings zbigniewww,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you're unable to add your iCloud account to Outlook on your PC.

To add your iCloud Mail account to Outlook, an app-specific password would need to be set up with Outlook, which requires two-factor authentication with your Apple ID. You can see this information, and steps for setting this up, from the following guide: Using app-specific passwords

If you don't wish to update to two-factor authentication, you can consider using iCloud for Windows, which would have your iCloud Mail account appear in the folder pane on the left side of Microsoft Outlook, as described in the following guide: Set up and use iCloud for Windows

Cheers.

cannot add icloud email in Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.