Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up iCloud email access with Outlook

When setting up 3 email addresses using Microsoft Outlook on Windows 11, the first two email addresses were added successfully. When I attempt to add my icloud email address, using the imap parameters I have used before, Outlook rejects my password.

The parameters in incoming and outgoing are the same ones I am running on my old Windows 10 Laptop with success.

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:25 AM

Hey there WalterJ9,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities to get help setting up your iCloud Mail account on a Windows PC. Based on what you've described, it sounds like you may need to set up an app-specific password to use with Outlook. App-specific passwords are a secure way to use your iCloud account in apps that are not developed by Apple, and can be set up following the steps outlined in the Apple Support article Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support. This resource also provides additional details on what an app-specific password is, and how it's used.

Once you've done that, you can sign into your iCloud Mail account following the guidance below, taken from the iCloud for Windows User Guide Set up iCloud Mail, Contacts, and Calendar in Outlook on your Windows computer - Apple Support:

1. On your Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows.
2. To set up Contacts and Calendar, select “Contacts and Calendars,” click Apply, then follow the onscreen instructions to set up Outlook.
Note: If you see “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars,” selecting that option also sets up your iCloud Mail account.
3. To set up Mail, sign in to Outlook using your Apple ID email address and an app-specific password. See the Apple Support article Using app-specific passwords.

More information can also be found here: iCloud Mail server settings for other email client apps - Apple Support

Best!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 7:25 AM in response to WalterJ9

Hey there WalterJ9,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities to get help setting up your iCloud Mail account on a Windows PC. Based on what you've described, it sounds like you may need to set up an app-specific password to use with Outlook. App-specific passwords are a secure way to use your iCloud account in apps that are not developed by Apple, and can be set up following the steps outlined in the Apple Support article Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support. This resource also provides additional details on what an app-specific password is, and how it's used.

Once you've done that, you can sign into your iCloud Mail account following the guidance below, taken from the iCloud for Windows User Guide Set up iCloud Mail, Contacts, and Calendar in Outlook on your Windows computer - Apple Support:

1. On your Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows.
2. To set up Contacts and Calendar, select “Contacts and Calendars,” click Apply, then follow the onscreen instructions to set up Outlook.
Note: If you see “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars,” selecting that option also sets up your iCloud Mail account.
3. To set up Mail, sign in to Outlook using your Apple ID email address and an app-specific password. See the Apple Support article Using app-specific passwords.

More information can also be found here: iCloud Mail server settings for other email client apps - Apple Support

Best!

Setting up iCloud email access with Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.