You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't center image images on a ePUB document created with Pages

I am using Pages to create an eBook that I will export as an ePUB file.

But, no matter what I do, I can't figure out how to CENTER the images. It always ends up FLUSH RIGHT.

I can preview my project on iBooks and the image is centered on my pages document, but it ends up FLUSH RIGHT when I view it on the eBook reader. It does not look professional.

I'm pretty good with pages, and I've solved a lot of quirky stuff, but this has me stumped.

Help!

Mike

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 9:47 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 19, 2019 10:08 AM in response to Mike Clelland

Using Pages v7.3 on macOS 10.13.6, I centered an image in Pages, and then exported as ePub. When opened in iBooks, the image remained centered.

1. √ No book cover
  2. Layout: Makes no difference whether Reflowed or Fixed Layout is selected.
  3. View As: √ Single Page
  4. √ Embed fonts.

Pages '09 v4.3 will force the image to the left margin in the ePub. This cannot be fixed in Pages 09, but it can be fixed with an ePub editor and tweaks to the underlying cascading style sheet (CSS3) content for the ePub.

Mar 20, 2019 4:11 AM in response to Mike Clelland

This morning, I pasted the same two paragraphs into a new Pages document, and dropped the same image in it again. I then spent an hour exporting to ePub (-cover, +reflow, +embed, +single) in all different Text Wrap and Object Placement settings and could not get a centered image in iBooks as it appeared in the Pages document. What a product…

Mar 20, 2019 4:36 AM in response to VikingOSX

I solved it with a eBook building app called JUTOH.

I can recommend that app. I need to transfer my big document to Word, and use that in the app. A bunch of extra steps, but it solves the problem. This will be my first self published book, and I want it to look very professional.

If anyone figures out a solution using Pages, it would be helpful. I've reached a dead end.

Mike

Mar 20, 2019 5:18 AM in response to Mike Clelland

Isn't it amazing the driving force behind exasperation and desperation…? I was aware of Vellum, but not Jutoh.

I believe if I were writing content for eBooks that I would start with MS Word, as many of these generation tools expect that input format anyway, and I have never trusted Pages to translate accurately in export to Word .docx.

Good luck with your eBook.

I can't center image images on a ePUB document created with Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.