Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why wont recovery mode reset my iphone in itunes

My grandson had a iphone 6 Plus which he used for over a year. He then got a new phone and gave me the 6 plus. He wiped it clean in the right way, find my phone was turned off. He removed the device from itunes. I was going to use the phone but has touch disease so I hit it on the palm of my hand and seems to be working. Tried to set it up but after hitting on my hand, it on activation lock and wants a icloud.com account that he has never had. what can we do? Only proof of purchase is invoice from ebay without showing serial number. I am lost as to what to do.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 10:32 AM

Have you tried contacting the seller and see if they will remove it from their account using the steps in the 2nd part of the article below?

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 19, 2019 2:19 PM in response to Eric Root

It was my grandson's phone and he doesn't recall using that I'd. It looks like something I would put in but when I search for my apple I'd with his name or mine, nothing comes up like that. When I tried to use my Yahoo I'd it locked me out of that one. I think I'll just have to through it away. Oh, when he gave it to me, it was in set up new phone and I was messing with it but then the touch started acting up so who knows what was put in there. It has that touch disease.

why wont recovery mode reset my iphone in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.