Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2013 MacPro Tower's audio is skipping and juddering. All applications, including the OS are experiencing this error.

I have 2013 MacPro Tower where the audio is skipping and juddering. All applications, including the OS are experiencing this error. I've rebooted, cleaned and run diagnostics through Disk Warrior and Tech Tool. Can't find out what is going on. High Sierra-10.3.6 with FirePro D500, 64 gigs of ram.

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 4:56 PM

You have Kernel Extensions that are blocked, because you have not yet approved them. Your Mac can not possibly be operating properly when that occurs.

Restart your Mac.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy

Approve the extensions within 30 minutes of their attempt to load, or find out where they are coming from and discard them

You are running a Bit Torrent. What many Users forget is the other part of the Bit Torrent 'bargain'. You are providing hunks of your software to others, burning your bandwidth to do so.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2019 4:56 PM in response to bittlephoto

You have Kernel Extensions that are blocked, because you have not yet approved them. Your Mac can not possibly be operating properly when that occurs.

Restart your Mac.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy

Approve the extensions within 30 minutes of their attempt to load, or find out where they are coming from and discard them

You are running a Bit Torrent. What many Users forget is the other part of the Bit Torrent 'bargain'. You are providing hunks of your software to others, burning your bandwidth to do so.

Mar 19, 2019 12:36 PM in response to bittlephoto

Download and run this little "discovery" Utility, called Etrecheck, written by a well-respected member of this community. It does not fix anything. Instead it produces a series of snapshots o where the bottlenecj=ks might be, and what Bad Aacros might be using up your system resources.

Post the pre-laundered report to a reply on the drums, using the "report" Icon (near the right end of the toolbar, looks like a turned down corner on a stack of pages). Readers are getting better at reading those reports and interpreting what might be going wrong on your Mac every day.

Mar 23, 2019 10:00 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Ha, you saw that too. Freaked me out a little 'cause I haven't run BitTorrent in a long while and I totally get that about sharing your hardware/bandwidth. As soon as I saw that I went and nuked everything I could find connected with it. I purchased the full version of EtreCheck and it was gone on the next system check.

I can't find the button for approving those extensions but I also saw that they might only show up for 30 minutes after being installed. So......I'm going to try and reinstall some of those items. Everything else looks good though. It almost seems like a memory issue but I'm maxed out and every check I do shows the memory is good. It's not expressing right now, so maybe it was like the grinding transmission noise that disappears whenever you take your car to the shop. I'll post another check when I get done with the reinstalls.

Thanks for your help by the way. R

I have 2013 MacPro Tower's audio is skipping and juddering. All applications, including the OS are experiencing this error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.