Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 cracked home button not caused by accidental damage

My iphone 8 was put on charge and once charged placed into my bag. When I went to get my phone out of my bag the home button had cracked. I am 100% positive no accidental damage occurred. The phone has a screen protector and heavy duty protection case on it and there is no damage at all to the screen protector or case.

The seller is trying to say it's accidental damage but I can confirm this has not occurred.

Has anyone had this issue please? Is there a defect on the phone? How did you resolve this matter?

Thank you.

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 6:58 AM

11 replies

Mar 23, 2019 9:27 AM in response to Jorge1318

Hi. Thanks for your reply. It was bought on 29.01.19 and came with a 12 month guarantee but the seller says it's accidental damage and will not cover the fault under the guarantee. I know for certain it's not been in any incidents and clearly a home button should not crack whilst carried in your bag! It's trying to prove that I have not damaged it myself and for whatever reason the button has spontaneously cracked without any incidents occurring. I've now found similar threads on here with this issue and Apple are constantly blaming the customer for the damage which is unfair. They need to address the problem and find out what is causing this issue. I currently cannot use the home button and have turned on assistive touch so the phone can be used. I'm not happy at all about this matter. Apple customer services said my complaint must be directed to the seller.

Iphone 8 cracked home button not caused by accidental damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.