Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 cracked home button not caused by accidental damage

My iphone 8 was put on charge and once charged placed into my bag. When I went to get my phone out of my bag the home button had cracked. I am 100% positive no accidental damage occurred. The phone has a screen protector and heavy duty protection case on it and there is no damage at all to the screen protector or case.

The seller is trying to say it's accidental damage but I can confirm this has not occurred.

Has anyone had this issue please? Is there a defect on the phone? How did you resolve this matter?

Thank you.

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 6:55 AM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2019 11:08 AM in response to DjDove

All that protection you put on your phone does not prevent the home button from being cracked by the corner of a book, a key or something else in your bag. Since there is no way for you to prove that something in your bag did not damage it, you will have to accept whatever Apple or the authorized repair center are willing to do.

Iphone 8 cracked home button not caused by accidental damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.