Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not available in 10.14.3

HI All,

This is driving me demented, recently Bluetooth has started to act up. When the machines goes to sleep, Magic Mouse 2 and Keyboard loose connections to iMac. Have tried everything on line that suggests fixing the problem. I get the error message Bluetooth not available

1. SMC reset.
  2. Debug.
  3. Manually deleting Bluetooth .plist files.
  4. trying another Magic Mouse.

Always happens when machine sleeps.

Spec of my iMac

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac16,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: 223.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.32f20

Hardware UUID: 6D452A0E-D131-51D0-AA3E-CFE4FEADBD80

Totally frustrated. Please help.

Many thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 3:15 PM

If clicking the mouse or pressing a key doesn't wake the computer, you might need to allow wireless devices to wake up your computer:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Click Advanced.
  3. Select the checkbox next to Allow Bluetooth Devices to wake this computer.

see > Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac - Apple Podpora

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2019 3:15 PM in response to Paul Mcdaid

If clicking the mouse or pressing a key doesn't wake the computer, you might need to allow wireless devices to wake up your computer:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Click Advanced.
  3. Select the checkbox next to Allow Bluetooth Devices to wake this computer.

see > Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac - Apple Podpora

Mar 25, 2019 2:41 PM in response to Paul Mcdaid

This may be due to something you have installed on the computer. Please do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this post. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly post the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

If the reports does not show anything obvious there are other troubleshooting steps to take.

Mar 24, 2019 6:11 AM in response to Paul Mcdaid

Sort of alchemy, but press the spacebar on the keyboard once, and then click once on the Magic Mouse 2. Then wait a few seconds. That is my experience on a 2011 Mac mini with 16 GB RAM, an internal SSD (10.13.6), and one external USB drive enclosure (which also takes extra time to wake up). Same drill on my Late-2013 iMac (Mojave) before it died. No cure, as far as I can tell for the bluetooth delta sleep behavior.

Bluetooth not available in 10.14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.