Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SHARP PRINTER

I am trying to connect my Macbook Pro 2018 to a sharp MX-M264N printer. Every time I go to create the printer it says unable to verify printer on your network. I have the correct IP address and driver installed and I am connected to the same WIFI was the printer. I know it isn't a problem with the network/printer because I can printer from my Windows laptop no problem.

Does anyone know of anything that I could try. Thanks1

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 11:42 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 27, 2019 5:32 AM in response to Jenny1941

https://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xbcr/documents/documents/Marketing/Datasheet/pdf_DS_Datasheet_MXM264N_en_gb.pdf

Would it be correct to assume that the printer is equipped with a PostScript3 expansion kit (at least according to the operation manual section 3-17, needed for use with a Macintosh computer)? If so, is the driver that you have a PostScript version for macOS 10.14?

https://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/gb/hs.xsl/-/html/download-centre.htm?p=MXM264N

Also, is the printer connected by Ethernet cable to a Wi-Fi router, with a wireless connection between your MacBook Pro and the router?

Have you tried the steps in the article If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support (including links)?

Mar 28, 2019 7:23 AM in response to Jenny1941

What happens if you test the macOS "Generic PostScript Printer" driver? PostScript/PPD files for Mac are also listed under under the second link above (the "Drivers" section). Since PostScript3 apparently was an option, are you sure that the extension kit in question actually had been installed? If not, a totally different type of print driver may be of interest (the macOS "Generic PCL Printer" or something similar?). Also, any change if you try to choose alternative printing protocols?

SHARP PRINTER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.