Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't accept my password

I am trying to log into itunes on my Mac. A pop-up comes up asking for my apple ID login. Each time I enter my (correct) password, it just asks again/ doesn't accept the log in credentials. My iphone works just fine with my apple ID. I don't want to "change" my password. I would have to correct it on other devices I just want my MacPro to work. I can't log in on itunes, does that mean something is wrong with itunes, or is it something with my credentials???

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 27, 2019 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 2:38 PM

Good afternoon GemGarnet,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I uderstand you are having trouble signing into iTunes on your Mac. Are you being prompted to sign in to the iTunes Store after attempting a purchase? Since you are able to sign in to your Apple ID on your iPhone, I would take a look at the iTunes software and billing/account details initially.

What version of iTunes do you have on your Mac? Click the link below to update to the most recent version of iTunes.

Update to the latest version of iTunes

If you are currently signed in, sign out of the iTunes Store on your Mac and restart your computer to refresh it.

Create, manage, and use an Apple ID

Launch Safari and sign in to your Apple ID account with the password that is working on your iPhone.

Check the billing details for your account. Check to make sure the billing address matches what you have on your bank statement. You may need to enter the card expiration date and CVV code again. Once you have verified everything is updated, click Done and log out of the Apple ID website.

Open iTunes and sign in with the Apple ID account and password that you just verified.

Sign in to the App Store and iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV

Please reply to this thread and let us know if you are able to access your iTunes Store account after trying these steps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2019 2:38 PM in response to GemGarnet

Good afternoon GemGarnet,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I uderstand you are having trouble signing into iTunes on your Mac. Are you being prompted to sign in to the iTunes Store after attempting a purchase? Since you are able to sign in to your Apple ID on your iPhone, I would take a look at the iTunes software and billing/account details initially.

What version of iTunes do you have on your Mac? Click the link below to update to the most recent version of iTunes.

Update to the latest version of iTunes

If you are currently signed in, sign out of the iTunes Store on your Mac and restart your computer to refresh it.

Create, manage, and use an Apple ID

Launch Safari and sign in to your Apple ID account with the password that is working on your iPhone.

Check the billing details for your account. Check to make sure the billing address matches what you have on your bank statement. You may need to enter the card expiration date and CVV code again. Once you have verified everything is updated, click Done and log out of the Apple ID website.

Open iTunes and sign in with the Apple ID account and password that you just verified.

Sign in to the App Store and iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV

Please reply to this thread and let us know if you are able to access your iTunes Store account after trying these steps.

Take care.

itunes won't accept my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.