Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube videos not playing on Mac

I'm running Mac OS High Sierra v10.13.6 and Safari v12.0.3 and Chrome on a mid-2012 iMac

Can't play any youtube videos using safari or chrome. I get a white framed window where the video should be. Click on it and nothing (of course) happens. I've Googled this one & tried all the obvious fixes (uninstalled flash player, reinstalled the latest version downloaded from Adobe, flushed the safari cache, cleared flash player history), but nothing has worked. I haven't upgraded to Mojave, concerned the age of the iMac (2012) won't handle it. (Googling it has failed me, this really is a first and could be the end of existence if we can't fix things by Googling them!!!).

Anyone got anything new I can try to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Mar 27, 2019 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2019 11:06 AM

Okay, please do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this post. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly post the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2019 11:06 AM in response to London Jaamin

Okay, please do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this post. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly post the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

Mar 27, 2019 11:50 AM in response to London Jaamin

I hate to tell you this, but it's probably doing more to compromise your security than to protect it...

Remove it. Even when it's turned off, it may not actually be "off". It may be interfering with the connection by obscuring your location. YouTube videos are region restricted in many cases. If you're coming through any number of known VPN endpoints, content may be blocked.

Youtube videos not playing on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.