Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius results can't be updated right now. The network connection was lost.

Hi,

Ive been trying to upload some albums to my iCloud Music library, however it keeps failing and giving me this error. Ive attempted this on both my MacBook Pro (running Mojave) and on my windows 10 desktop, both keep giving this error when attempting to upload songs to my iCloud music library.

On my desktop I've done a clean install of the iTunes app (from the windows store) and can no longer gain access to my iCloud music library albums or playlists as it gives me the error.

There are no problems with my internet connection on either wifi or through ethernet on either of my computers.

Also interesting to note is that this only seems to affect the desktop versions. All of my iOS devices are unaffected.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 11:37 AM

Similar questions

128 replies

Apr 7, 2019 1:46 AM in response to Pix3lTwist3r

Same issue here (France)...

Tests done :

• Log out/Log in account - NOK

• Add my computer to iTunes Match again - NOK

• Quit iTunes, delete some preferences files - NOK

File (Primary): com.apple.iTunes.MACHINE_GUID.plist

emplacement: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/ByHost

Files: com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist | com.apple.iTunes.plist | com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist

emplacement: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences

fichier caché: .iTunes Preferences.plist

emplacement: /Users/USERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media

• checked Apple - Support - System Status - page - all green 🤔

https://www.apple.com/fr/support/systemstatus/

Please Apple team / iTunes Match crew, have a look a find a resolution ASAP, we are a lot discussing about that issue (since April 6, 2019).

Thanks

Apr 7, 2019 8:04 AM in response to Pix3lTwist3r

Same problem here too....I was trying to move an mp3 file from my desktop to Itunes then to my phone but I kept getting this dotted-cloud image next to the song and the same error message as everyone else. I am also only using Apple Music not Itunes Matching. Chatted with 3 representatives yesterday who had no clue. Dan, one of them, said he was going to upgrade this issue to engineering. Got a call from another representative this morning, 4/7/19, who did a screenshare and basically had me update my itunes, restart my laptop, even turn on/off my router...nothing worked. The rep also said it might be because Itunes is trying to match the song I uploaded with the file already in their Itunes?? But that doesnt make sense because I have about 15 other songs I uploaded from my desktop to the library and it never had this issue. And all these songs are considered 'remixes' and cannot be found on Apple Musics library.

Apr 6, 2019 4:31 PM in response to Pix3lTwist3r

Exact same issue. I opened a case with Support a few hours ago, and at that time they indicated I was the only who had reported the issue, but while I was talking to the tech, she discovered the same problem on her mac. I use iTunes Match, and right now, if I click on the iCloud Music Library button under General Settings (it keeps getting unselected when the Genius results error appears) it marks my entire library for Matching.....all 108,000 entries. I fear that once the original problem gets fixed, I'm going to waiting a very long time for my library to get re-synced with iTunes Match........

Apr 6, 2019 4:35 PM in response to Pix3lTwist3r

I'm experiencing the same issue!

All evening I've been trying to enable iCloud Music Library on my iMac and MacBook Pro (both running Mojave 10.14.4). All attempts result in the same error message: "Genius results can't be updated right now. The network connection was lost."

My network has not been lost!

All the usual troubleshooting steps point to this being a problem on Apple's end. Other user's posts here on the Apple Discussion Forum over the last 6 hours point in the same direction.

Apr 6, 2019 7:06 PM in response to Pix3lTwist3r

I have the same issue. Logged out and back in, restarted my computer, re-authorized my computer and all nothing. From the looks of the comments, it does sound like an issue on Apple's end. I use icloud music library for my music for dance class. It's so convenient to edit music, save it and have it on all devices. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Genius results can't be updated right now. The network connection was lost.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.