Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: This song is not currently available in your country or region.

Turned on my iPhone this morning to listen to music, and found that about 50% of the songs in my iTunes library were greyed out with no artwork. I got the error message, "This song is not currently available in your country or region" when I tried to play any of them. No particular pattern, no obvious reason, and many were on music that I burned from my own CDs many years ago.

I get the same message after re-booting the phone, going into airplane mode and everything else I could think of. Any ideas?

iOS 12.2

Doug

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 9, 2019 6:27 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Last night I re-synched the entire phone from my laptop and it behaved like my computer had never seen the phone before, asking me if I would allow the phone to be connected to that computer. It's the only computer it has ever synched with since I bought it 4 years ago, so I don't know what that's about. All is working again but that doesn't explain why it happened in the first place.

Apr 9, 2019 8:47 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

I’m having exactly the same problem! At first it was just a few new songs that were greyed out, which I tried to fix it by unselecting all my music, but when I re-synced all my songs back to the phone, my entire library was greyed out and had that error message pop up. I just updated to 12.2 yesterday so I suppose this is a bug related to the new update?

Apr 10, 2019 7:43 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Unfortunately I've tried this and a large majority of tracks have re-synced and still showing greyed out and will not play...

Even stranger, after starting another sync straight away again, one or two per album all of a sudden were then available!? No more since, though.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Would hugely appreciate any help! :)

Apr 10, 2019 5:58 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Hook your phone back up to the computer that you run iTunes off of and re-sync. Mine had recently been synched properly, and my computer didn't recognize my phone at all. Obviously something buggy in the new 12.2 update, which I didn't even realize had been run on my phone yet (I don't do auto updates for anything). Once the phone has been essentially rebuilt from your archive, everything works fine for all of your music.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Apr 8, 2019 1:14 PM in response to Limnos In response to Limnos

No, nothing has changed. No OS updates or anything. It's blacking out songs that I own from burned CDs, not even iTunes purchases. And completely randomly, as well (like 7 random songs on a single album).

Apr 8, 2019 1:14 PM

Reply Helpful (29)

Apr 9, 2019 6:27 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Last night I re-synched the entire phone from my laptop and it behaved like my computer had never seen the phone before, asking me if I would allow the phone to be connected to that computer. It's the only computer it has ever synched with since I bought it 4 years ago, so I don't know what that's about. All is working again but that doesn't explain why it happened in the first place.

Apr 9, 2019 6:27 AM

Reply Helpful (81)

Apr 9, 2019 8:47 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

I’m having exactly the same problem! At first it was just a few new songs that were greyed out, which I tried to fix it by unselecting all my music, but when I re-synced all my songs back to the phone, my entire library was greyed out and had that error message pop up. I just updated to 12.2 yesterday so I suppose this is a bug related to the new update?

Apr 9, 2019 8:47 AM

Reply Helpful (26)

Apr 9, 2019 11:27 PM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Same problem. Half the songs on my phone are now grayed out and I get the message "This song is currently not available in your country or region." I updated to iOS 12.2 the other day. Sigh.

Apr 9, 2019 11:27 PM

Reply Helpful (26)

Apr 10, 2019 2:15 AM in response to Lawrence Finch In response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for the help Lawrence. Since the issue only occurred after I synced my phone, hence my computer backup was already “faulty”, so I ended up deleting all my music off the phone and itunes, and added everything back in afterwards. It was a lengthy ordeal but it fixed the problem.

Apr 10, 2019 2:15 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Apr 10, 2019 5:58 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Hook your phone back up to the computer that you run iTunes off of and re-sync. Mine had recently been synched properly, and my computer didn't recognize my phone at all. Obviously something buggy in the new 12.2 update, which I didn't even realize had been run on my phone yet (I don't do auto updates for anything). Once the phone has been essentially rebuilt from your archive, everything works fine for all of your music.

Apr 10, 2019 5:58 AM

Reply Helpful (7)

Apr 10, 2019 7:43 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Unfortunately I've tried this and a large majority of tracks have re-synced and still showing greyed out and will not play...

Even stranger, after starting another sync straight away again, one or two per album all of a sudden were then available!? No more since, though.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Would hugely appreciate any help! :)

Apr 10, 2019 7:43 AM

Reply Helpful (20)

Apr 10, 2019 9:04 AM in response to ApexSpeed In response to ApexSpeed

Thank you ApexSpeed. Your suggestion worked for me.

For anyone trying to sync via wifi (which I did first time round) this may not work for you, it didn't for me. I had to physically connect my iPhone to iTunes on my Mac via a cable.

Apr 10, 2019 9:04 AM

Reply Helpful (11)
User profile for user: ApexSpeed

Question: This song is not currently available in your country or region.