Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can ANYONE shuffle from their Apple Watch, because I sure can't.

The official support website, as well as many web pages and youtubes, show the ability to shuffle your music using Apple Watch... And yet the options they describe and show appear not to exist. When you hard press on the play screen the only thing that pops up is Air Play... and that's it. I even talked to Apple Support. The dude couldn't do it on his watch either, and couldn't find any documentation. Doesn't anyone else want to shuffle?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 11:31 AM

The Watch acts like a reduced remote for music on the iPhone, and the option to do as you ask is not there.

The same with choosing to love tracks. The controls are different because you are actually doing two different things. The connection between the Watch and the iPhone does not support making the changes on the phone that you are referring to.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2019 11:31 AM in response to DeathShrike

The Watch acts like a reduced remote for music on the iPhone, and the option to do as you ask is not there.

The same with choosing to love tracks. The controls are different because you are actually doing two different things. The connection between the Watch and the iPhone does not support making the changes on the phone that you are referring to.

Apr 10, 2019 11:28 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

My headphones are connected to my iPhone.... Now that I connected them to my watch I can see the options... So you can only Shuffle the music that's actually on your Watch? Even though you can start and pick playlists to listen through your iPhone, you can't shuffle from it?

If you are listening through the Watch you can't Love tracks. I don't understand why the controls are different depending on if you are listening through the phone or the watch. I'm so confused.

Can ANYONE shuffle from their Apple Watch, because I sure can't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.