Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini (Late 2012) HDMI Audio Control

So something I've only recently noticed and I was wondering if there is a workaround since it is ever so slightly annoying.

On my Mac mini (Late 2012) model, I have it plugged into a HDMI monitor that has integrated speakers via a standard HDMI cable...

I can hear audio just find however nothing on the Mac mini itself is able to control the volume level of the output from those speakers like it can on normal speakers. Am I just missing a setting or is this normal expected behavior with the audio over HDMI. I normally use Display Port connections so this is my first time playing with a Mac mini and HDMI...

All the options for volume control are greyed out, screenshots below.

Included for Reference...

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 11:08 PM

Your BenQ doesn’t have USB connectivity - used for controlling volume (among other things - camera and USB ports off monitor). The only way to control volume is to use the controls on the monitor.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mac Mini (Late 2012) HDMI Audio Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.