Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ERRORS REMOTE APPLE HARDWARE TEST EFI/Drivers, -2003D, -1007D

Mac Mini 2012 6,2 original Apple RAM, HHD, install just Erased and ONLY Mojave 10.14.4 installed from fresh Apple server image (no third party hardware)

Shutdown> Boot: D key (hangs on black screen)

how long do you have to hold down on the D key (I held it down more than three minutes and the screen stayed black)

Shutdown> Boot: Com+D (gets to globe won't take wireless PW, and/or errors with "-1007D"

and ...Cannot Load 'EFI/Drivers/TestSupport.efi'

thinking wireless or router was issue, I plugged Mac mini directly into router ethernet - same errors

next i turned off Airport and rebooted - at the Com+D - i logged onto my iPhone hot spot - erred (with globe icon and white triangle

apple.com/support

-20003D

ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?

i know i can drive this to the apple store but thats a lot of arrangement and time

if a 2012 mac mini came with DVDs I don't have them

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 9:29 PM

FYI, I believe it should be Option + D not Cmd + D.

If your Mini is booting, then you could run the "mprime" stress test. You can use Macs Fan Control to monitor system temps.

To check the GPU, run gputest (it hasn't been updated in years and I can only get it to run from the command line although a friend has been able to use the GUI) or a Unigine benchmark in demo mode.

To check the health of the hard drive run DriveDX.

To check the memory, you can create a bootable Memtest86 USB drive using Etcher. Option Boot and select the orange icon labeled "EFI". The tests default to four loops, but this can be changed in the Test Options menu.

Except for the fan & sensors check which the Apple Diagnostics will test, these utilities will do more to determine the health of the system than the diagnostics.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2019 9:29 PM in response to -g

FYI, I believe it should be Option + D not Cmd + D.

If your Mini is booting, then you could run the "mprime" stress test. You can use Macs Fan Control to monitor system temps.

To check the GPU, run gputest (it hasn't been updated in years and I can only get it to run from the command line although a friend has been able to use the GUI) or a Unigine benchmark in demo mode.

To check the health of the hard drive run DriveDX.

To check the memory, you can create a bootable Memtest86 USB drive using Etcher. Option Boot and select the orange icon labeled "EFI". The tests default to four loops, but this can be changed in the Test Options menu.

Except for the fan & sensors check which the Apple Diagnostics will test, these utilities will do more to determine the health of the system than the diagnostics.

Apr 24, 2019 2:17 PM in response to -g

ok i broke down and asked apple care tech support why my mac will not boot from their remote server to run their remote test disk

the 2012 mac is too "vintage" to be supported, she said, after consulting with her senior tech

my instinct on that is Apple's remote boot system no longer contains the EFI driver necessary to boot my ancient Mac Mini

however, as i just bought this machine used - and troubleshooting a Mojave wake-from-sleep issue on a stock Apple hardware configuration with a new pristine 10.14.4 installed on an erased HHD (and nothing else added) - i want to get the hardware reasonably ruled out before adding 3rd-party ram and two Samsung SSDs to it tonite

i made an appointment with apple store to run their diagnostic

my instinct (again) is the sleep problem is a Mojave sleep bug

and the unit will check out ok...

Apr 27, 2019 5:58 PM in response to HWTech

>> should be Option + D not Cmd + D

thanks for catching that - i was doing it right, just typoed it

the apple store genius bar ran their local diagnostic and the mac mini 2012 passed all tests -- 100 percent original apple hardware

the Mojave sleep issue has not returned so it may be an anomaly - will update here if it returns - i'm keeping it on 10.14x (though i just doubled the RAM to 16gb and added two Samsung SSDs

ERRORS REMOTE APPLE HARDWARE TEST EFI/Drivers, -2003D, -1007D

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.