Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone X headphone adaptor not working

I bought the mini-jack headphone adaptor at the Apple Store where I got my Iphone Xr. It worked fine until yesterday and it suddenly doesn't work. The music plays on the phone with the adapter plugged in. The headphones work fine otherwise in other devices when used in a mini-jack plug and the adaptor has no known damage.

Any thoughts?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 9:43 AM

Hello LHall,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have an adapter you purchased that isn't working on your iPhone XR.

Here are some steps to take:

1. Make sure all connections are good and solid, meaning they aren't loose, and that the port is free of dust and debris.

2 . Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're still having issues, this might be related to hardware. Check out your local options for iPhone hardware service for the adapter here: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 9:43 AM in response to LHall

Hello LHall,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have an adapter you purchased that isn't working on your iPhone XR.

Here are some steps to take:

1. Make sure all connections are good and solid, meaning they aren't loose, and that the port is free of dust and debris.

2 . Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're still having issues, this might be related to hardware. Check out your local options for iPhone hardware service for the adapter here: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a great day.

iphone X headphone adaptor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.