Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add a new card to an empty wallet

I had one credit card in my iPhone wallet, and today I reset the network settings on my phone (for unrelated reasons) and the credit card disappeared from my wallet. And when I try to add a new one, I get a message saying "Unable to Add Another Card: You have added the maximum of 8 cards for Apple Pay. You can remove one of your current cards to add a new one."

However, there are no cards in my wallet to remove. I've restarted the phone, run the latest iOS update, restarted the phone again, tried accessing my wallet directly through the app and also through the settings page... and nowhere can I find these supposed 8 cards in my wallet to remove. I've googled the problem and found a similar question here in the communities but it was old and never resolved.

I'm on an iPhone 6s with iOS 12.2.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 11:45 AM

RESOLVED

More searching here in the communities led me to this post:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250259611

Apparently it was the 12.2 upgrade that caused the problem. Turning the phone completely off and then on again resolved it.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't add a new card to an empty wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.