Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation required

An interesting thing happen while using my iPad which I bought new and own for several years in the middle of my program my iPad automatically locked out and prompted for ‘Activation required’ this never happened before so I followed the instruction to unlock but it won’t unlock because it’s not recognizing my information when I click on help it states that ‘the owner has used Find my IPhone to link to their Apple ID’ my iPhone is with me and I never used this function it concerns me that my iPad serial number might be duplicated. Any suggestions as to what I should do

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 10:38 AM

Find your original purchase receipt, proving you are the original buyer of the iPad and reach out to the Apple ID Security Team. You will have to prove you are the original purchaser in order to get their help.

Here's how to reach the Apple ID Security Team: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 10:38 AM in response to 76shain

Find your original purchase receipt, proving you are the original buyer of the iPad and reach out to the Apple ID Security Team. You will have to prove you are the original purchaser in order to get their help.

Here's how to reach the Apple ID Security Team: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Activation required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.