Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No light on TC in AirPort Utility - says checking for information from TC but spinning wheel goes on for

I am trying to update the firmware for my TC so I go to AirPort Utility and see the Internet with a green light and the TC below it with no light. when I click on the TC is get a note that it is trying to get information from the TC and a small spinning ball that goes on forever.

Mass-Storage Management Software

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 7:53 PM

Restart the TC. Just power off and count to 10.. then power on again.

This is common problem with later firmware and later Mac OS where the TC is not directly connected.. and often even if it is directly connected. Actually updates beyond 7.6.8 or Gen4 or earlier and 7.7.8 are not especially useful. Nor will they solve problems except for nagging you about firmware updates.

Still no luck.. power off.. hold in reset.. and once again power on while holding in reset and count to 10.. slowly.

Then reconfigure the TC from whatever computer you are running.

If you still have issues.. tell us more.. I think we have gone through your setup on a couple of previous occasions.. but I am getting old.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 7:53 PM in response to alohahawaii

Restart the TC. Just power off and count to 10.. then power on again.

This is common problem with later firmware and later Mac OS where the TC is not directly connected.. and often even if it is directly connected. Actually updates beyond 7.6.8 or Gen4 or earlier and 7.7.8 are not especially useful. Nor will they solve problems except for nagging you about firmware updates.

Still no luck.. power off.. hold in reset.. and once again power on while holding in reset and count to 10.. slowly.

Then reconfigure the TC from whatever computer you are running.

If you still have issues.. tell us more.. I think we have gone through your setup on a couple of previous occasions.. but I am getting old.

No light on TC in AirPort Utility - says checking for information from TC but spinning wheel goes on for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.