Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth notifications

How can I stop bluetooth notifications from playing through the car bluetooth connection on a permanent basis?

With the iphone 8 and the phone connected to the car via bluetooth, notification sounds do not play on the phone, they are funneled to bluetooth. Unfortuntely, the radio is normally on satellite. To enable the notification sounds to play on the phone when connected to the car, I have to swipe up from the bottom for the control center, tap music and change the checkmark from the car to iPhone. This works, however I am required to do this each time you connect to the car, the setting does not stick.

How can I stop bluetooth notifications from playing through the car bluetooth connection permanently wihout having to do the control center routine each time?

Thanks

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 3, 2019 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 11:54 AM

Thanks, I misread or misinterpreted your first note along the lines of "disconnect your phone from bluetooth and you won't have this problem."

I turned off notifications and it still wants to go through the bluetooth in the car. The only way I can have notifications on the actual phone is to swipe up for the control center, tap the top right of "music" and tap to move the checkmark from the car to iphone. What am I missing? I have to do this each time and I'd like the setting to stick. Switching off notifications on the phone doesn't work. Thanks again.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 11:54 AM in response to seanfromllanelli

Thanks, I misread or misinterpreted your first note along the lines of "disconnect your phone from bluetooth and you won't have this problem."

I turned off notifications and it still wants to go through the bluetooth in the car. The only way I can have notifications on the actual phone is to swipe up for the control center, tap the top right of "music" and tap to move the checkmark from the car to iphone. What am I missing? I have to do this each time and I'd like the setting to stick. Switching off notifications on the phone doesn't work. Thanks again.

Bluetooth notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.