Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn't recognize headphones, but charge as usual.

Hi!

Today I had a problem with my iPhone 7. When I plug in my headphones to the phone to play music, the iPhone doesn't recognize them and continues to play from the built-in speakers. It does charge as usual, but the headphones doesn't work. I've tried both with the adapter headphones and the ones with the lightning-contact. I've tried to hard-restart it as well, but it doesn't change anything.

I'd be grateful for any tips on how to fix this!

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 5, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 9:40 AM

To be sure that it's an issue related to your iPhone, possibly test your headphones (with or without the lightning adapter) connecting them to a different iPhone (borrow one from your friends).

If they work properly, then I would check if your iP7's charging port is dirty or has debris / lint inside.

Gently clean it using a strong flashlight, a toothpick, a soft brush and... a lot of patience.

If you get no improvements, have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider: Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 9:40 AM in response to EKindt

To be sure that it's an issue related to your iPhone, possibly test your headphones (with or without the lightning adapter) connecting them to a different iPhone (borrow one from your friends).

If they work properly, then I would check if your iP7's charging port is dirty or has debris / lint inside.

Gently clean it using a strong flashlight, a toothpick, a soft brush and... a lot of patience.

If you get no improvements, have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider: Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

iPhone doesn't recognize headphones, but charge as usual.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.