Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed update

The current update "macOS High Sierra 10.13.6" restarts my computer after loading, this isn't the issue until it tries to restart the pc. Upon doing so, the loading bar never moves, and the computer remains useless in this state. I've even left it in this state for 2 days with zero progress made. The only way to use the computer like now is to force shut down and reboot, but it still asks to do the update. Closing all tabs doesn't seem to help it either. So how do I get it to complete the task?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 6, 2019 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2019 3:58 PM

Safe Boot = holding Shift key down at bootup.

Also...

Note: Some USB and FireWire devices may prevent firmware updates from installing correctly; disconnect non-essential devices and use only an Apple keyboard and mouse to apply the update.

10 replies

May 9, 2019 2:59 PM in response to SteampunkRecon

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck.

May 30, 2019 3:53 PM in response to SteampunkRecon

Forget the warning about 32 Bit Apps , 10.13.6, even upto 10.14.5 will run 32 bit or 64 bit apps, if you upgrade to 10.15.x when it comes out in a few months then you'll have to buy new software that is 64 bit, if the developer in fact does upgrade their App(s), or find alternative 64 bit software... personally even if you have a Mac that'll run10.15 & nobody knows the requirements yet, I'd stick with what you have for a couple of years.

Failed update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.