Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications don't work properly.

Hi!

For the last couple of days I started noticing that notifications in several messengers don't work on mine and my husband's iPhones. For example I use Viber or Telegram. Only when I open the application, all new messages appear and I see them. But it happens without any notifications before that. I often use "Did not disturb" mode, but this issue occurs regardless of it. Of course I checked system settings and all notifications are on.

If you could help resolve this problem, I would appreciate.

My iOS version is 12.2

Thank you,

Volha

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 2:47 AM

ChitlinsCC, regarding your response, I've restarted my iPhone multiple times and I haven't updated iOS lately.

But yesterday I reset network settings (Settings > General > Reset Network Settings). It didn't help right away but today my notifications are fixed and are working fine. I am glad that the problem is finally solved although I don't completely understand what caused this issue.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 2:47 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

ChitlinsCC, regarding your response, I've restarted my iPhone multiple times and I haven't updated iOS lately.

But yesterday I reset network settings (Settings > General > Reset Network Settings). It didn't help right away but today my notifications are fixed and are working fine. I am glad that the problem is finally solved although I don't completely understand what caused this issue.

May 8, 2019 5:11 AM in response to VolhaCosta

Hello,

See if this helps:

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Good luck.

Notifications don't work properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.