Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Approve iPhone

When trying to go through the process of approving my iPhone 8, I don't receive an authentication code and therefore "waiting for approval" goes around and around.

What happens if I choose "Reset Encrypted Data"?

I have tried to turn off two factor authentication via applied.apple.com web browser but there is no option under the security setting to do so.

Without doing this, I continue to get a notification "Update Apple ID Settings - some account services will not be available until you sign in again".... how do I get rid of this notification?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 5:26 AM

See if this helps. .

Apple ID - Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

The posts I have read by people who did Reset Encrypted Data indicated they didn't lose any data.

For 2 Factor Authentication, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. 

Some people have fixed the Update Settings by signing out of iCloud and back in.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 5:26 AM in response to Cat0593

See if this helps. .

Apple ID - Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

The posts I have read by people who did Reset Encrypted Data indicated they didn't lose any data.

For 2 Factor Authentication, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. 

Some people have fixed the Update Settings by signing out of iCloud and back in.

May 9, 2019 7:06 PM in response to Eric Root

No I haven't yet...I'm a bit scared too in case it stuffs everything up!

It might be my only option though!

I have discovered that if I log out of iCloud and my Apple Id completely and log back in, that gets rid of the notification for 24 hours! But I'm not doing that forever! I'll try resetting the encrypted data and see what happens I guess.....stay tuned!

May 9, 2019 7:11 PM in response to Cat0593

Well I did it and as far as I can tell, nothing has been lost!

Except the message that there is no long any message "Update Apple ID Settings - some account services will not be available until you sign in again" sitting under my name in Settings.....so fingers crossed this has done the trick!

Thanks for your help Eric, it's been very much appreciated!

Can't Approve iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.