Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone x won't turn off, won't even force turn off. I am not able to use any apps, I click on them and nothing happens

This morning I woke up with this problem. Side button only functions as siri, no matter how long I hold siri reappears there. Apps can only be used as 3d touch.There's option called 'share the app' so I clicked on it to try. it says " the operation couldn't be completed. (_UIViewService-InterfaceErrorDomain error 0.) typed this to google, seems like it's itunes related problem.I can't even open settings to find out about the problem. Anyone has any idea about what's wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 12, 2019 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 1:47 AM

Try this:

1. Press Volume Up, then release
  2. Press Volume Down, then release
  3. Press and hold the Power / Lock button on the right side of iPhone X
  4. Continue to hold the Power / Lock / Side button until the  Apple logo appears on screen of iPhone X

1 reply

iPhone x won't turn off, won't even force turn off. I am not able to use any apps, I click on them and nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.