Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjusting Handles in Sequence Text

I need to replicate the text effects of an older project, which involves swinging text using the Sequence Text effect so it comes in one word at a time. However, I cannot figure out how to move the handles so the swinging happens from the top instead of the bottom.

Here is positioning from the older project, where the handles are at the top:

And the same Sequence Text applied in a new project, where it's stuck on the bottom left:

I've tried moving the Anchor Point, but it only effects the the original text when I need to manipulate the Sequence Text specifically.

I'm still fairly new with Motion, so I'm sure I'm missing something painfully obvious, but I've exhausted my search on trying to figure out this particular problem. Thank you guys so much for any insight!

iMac Pro

Posted on May 16, 2019 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 3:15 PM

You're probably using the wrong Anchor Point. There's an Anchor Point for the Text Object (as a whole) in Properties, but the Anchor point you need to use for Sequence Text is in the Text > Layout > Behavior Controls section. You need:

Anchor Point: Character

Anchor Position: Top Center

OR...

You can simply slide the Position.Y value up until you get the swing effect you want:

Font Size = 136

Position Y = 338

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2019 3:15 PM in response to bjaynedesign

You're probably using the wrong Anchor Point. There's an Anchor Point for the Text Object (as a whole) in Properties, but the Anchor point you need to use for Sequence Text is in the Text > Layout > Behavior Controls section. You need:

Anchor Point: Character

Anchor Position: Top Center

OR...

You can simply slide the Position.Y value up until you get the swing effect you want:

Font Size = 136

Position Y = 338

Adjusting Handles in Sequence Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.