Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR hoes silent automatically

my iPhone goes silent at night and into the morning. It will vibrate, but not ring. My alarm is also silenced, yet vibrates. Text tones also silenced. I have done basic troubleshooting. I have turned off “do not disturb”, and I have shut off “bed time” in the clock app. My side switch it not silenced and my volume is not turned down. I can even go into the sounds settings and adjust the volume with no audible tone. Restarting the phone fixes the problem. The photos are when the phone is silenced and shouldn’t be.

Please help!

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 16, 2019 6:23 PM

1 reply

May 17, 2019 11:39 AM in response to Ricks4400

Hi Ricks4400,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with sounds on your iPhone, and I want to help.

Since you've described your issue as being resolved for a time after restarting your device, it's possible you're experiencing a software issue.

To isolate this concern, let's make sure you're running the latest version of iOS:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your iPhone is up-to-date already, or if the issue continues after updating, you can try to backup your device and restore the iOS software as seen here:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

After you've restored your device, I recommend setting it up as a new device and testing the issue. If it appears to be resolved, restore the backup you created and test again:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

iPhone XR hoes silent automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.