Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Foreign Movie Artwork

I just updated to the new Apple TV app. However, a number of my purchased movies now have foreign language artwork e.g. The Tree of Life is now "El Arbol de la Vida" and Modern Times is "Tiempos Modernos," There are other examples too. Anyone else seeing this?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 17, 2019 8:34 AM

4 replies

May 17, 2019 9:25 AM in response to kevin293

I have the exact same problem since upgrading to iOS 12.3. The TV App on Apple TV, iPhone and iPad all show some movies with the same foreign artwork and also some wrong and old artwork. Examples and there are a lot more, “Damien - Omen II”, “Frenzy” and “Rolling to You”. Strangely for the James Bond collection, some are the correct artwork, some are very old versions of the artwork and some intriguingly and which I like are the original movie artwork. By the way the Movie App on Apple TV still shows all the correct artwork. Hope it gets corrected.

Jun 17, 2019 7:33 AM in response to MrPink42

Yes this is a disgrace! I noticed this on some of my films as soon as I updated to 12.3. It’s the new style poster art and affected about 4 or 5 of my films. It is apparent on my iPad, iPhone and Apple TV in the new style app. Raised with Apple and they have done jack all. Keep wanting decide diagnostics etc but it’s not device specific. I detest seeing this anomaly and wish they would take it seriously. iTunes doesn’t have the same art style so it does not manifest itself on Mac or pc . However similar thing happens if you view movies on iTunes in list view and it is part of a collection. The album title (not art) can be foreign. For example I bought back to the future trilogy and for the first film rather than display back to the future trilogy it was in Spanish.

a few films got hit by this. I had to download and edit the album title. Whatever group the matrix was in was in Chinese or Mandarin !!!! Once again Apple did not want to know !

cheers

Wayne

Foreign Movie Artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.