Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get more space on Apple Watch when nothing is used in the first place??

I'm extremely disappointed in Apple's

I can't install the software update, it says it requires 700+MB of RAM... however I literally have as little as I can on my watch!

Here's what I have in usage:

Software Update: 341MB

Music: 308MB*

Photos & Camera: 30.2MB

... (the rest are all smaller than 30MB)

I'm assuming you can't install the update if you delete that... so what other options do I have?

Music is taking up 308MB, however, I literally have no music stored on this thing! No "automatically add" playlists, and "Playlists and albums" is completely blank! so I guess 308MB is for the app which I can't use (because I have no space anyway) but it's still not enough to install the update?

Photos it looks like requires a minimum of 25 photos (there's no "photos limit' of zero)... literally no way to remove those, I guess.

I thought the Series 3 watches would last longer than this before they were rendered un-updatable...

Sincerely,

Extremely Disappointed soon-to-be-former Apple Watch Owner

Apple Watch

Posted on May 17, 2019 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 10:55 AM

Try a reset on your watch by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both. Try the update again. If still having a problem call Apple Support and they will help you. From what you say, you should have more than enough space to handle the download.

Similar questions

2 replies

How to get more space on Apple Watch when nothing is used in the first place??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.