Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add a song to library

Whenever I try to add a song to my library it says "Adding item to Library: Cancelled" and opens a blank window... It used to work properly but it now seems to be broken.

What can I do about it?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 18, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 9:38 AM

Today I had exactly the same issue, iTunes Version 12.9.4.94 on macOS.

A few hours before I had changed my Apple ID to a new email address. I don't know if that is the reason.

Solved as follows:

• Opened Music app on my iPad
  • Tried to add a new album (from Apple Music) to my library
  • I got a similar white window but on iPad it was showing new terms and conditions
  • I agreed to the new terms, and the album got added
  • I returned to my iTunes on Mac, but I still had the issue
  • I restarted iTunes
  • This time it worked! Could add an album again on Mac.
41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2019 9:38 AM in response to eveningkid

Today I had exactly the same issue, iTunes Version 12.9.4.94 on macOS.

A few hours before I had changed my Apple ID to a new email address. I don't know if that is the reason.

Solved as follows:

• Opened Music app on my iPad
  • Tried to add a new album (from Apple Music) to my library
  • I got a similar white window but on iPad it was showing new terms and conditions
  • I agreed to the new terms, and the album got added
  • I returned to my iTunes on Mac, but I still had the issue
  • I restarted iTunes
  • This time it worked! Could add an album again on Mac.

May 18, 2019 7:40 AM in response to eveningkid

Try copying the files you want to add to the Automatically Add to ITunes folder inside the iTunes Media folder. They will either be added to the library or moved to a Not Added folder if iTunes doesn’t like them for some reason. Possible reasons for rejection are a format that iTunes cannot handle or that doesn’t match the file extension.

tt2

Cannot add a song to library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.