Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay

I’m using an Arriva M Ticket App which has my bus pass on it. They have a QR code scanner on the Bus which scans the QR code from your phone. Strangely, it keeps popping up Apple Pay which I have on my phone for payments etc. I asked them why it does this but they referred me to you. They just told me to “turn off” Apple Pay!!!. Any advice why it is doing this as I do not want to remove my payment card for Apple Pay purposes just for the sake of this Arriva M Ticket app.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on May 20, 2019 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:04 PM

The scanner or something else near it must have an NFC receiver which triggers Apple Pay, much in the way a payment terminal in a store would. It may be that the same terminal can take Apple Pay or Android Wallet payments for the bus trip or its just an NFC terminal for some other purpose and it triggers Apple Pay involuntarily.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 1:04 PM in response to GitMHarrison80

The scanner or something else near it must have an NFC receiver which triggers Apple Pay, much in the way a payment terminal in a store would. It may be that the same terminal can take Apple Pay or Android Wallet payments for the bus trip or its just an NFC terminal for some other purpose and it triggers Apple Pay involuntarily.

Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.