Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset myiPod classic

My ipod classic keeps shutting off. The apple logo is shown on the main screen. Wait sometime 5 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes it eventually comes back on. This time there was a message to reconnect my ipod to my computer, which I did. But then I lost all the songs I had on the ipod. I use it for music only. When I went to re-install all the music i have on iTunes on my primary desktop computer it only loaded some of them.

I would like to know how I can get all the songs in itunes onto my ipod.

Thanks

Ken

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 3:44 PM

If it had to reset, you might need to change the sync settings again: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you've already told it to Sync All and it's giving the same results, then you might need to download the songs to your computer again*

*You can check this upfront by going to your iTunes library. Anything with this little cloud icon is not downloaded, but is available to do so. If a song is not downloaded to your computer, it will not sync to the iPod.

Let me know If you run into any more specific problems. :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 3:44 PM in response to craftedkup

If it had to reset, you might need to change the sync settings again: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you've already told it to Sync All and it's giving the same results, then you might need to download the songs to your computer again*

*You can check this upfront by going to your iTunes library. Anything with this little cloud icon is not downloaded, but is available to do so. If a song is not downloaded to your computer, it will not sync to the iPod.

Let me know If you run into any more specific problems. :)

How to reset myiPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.