Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serious crackling/fuzz noise when outputting at high volumes (external speakers)

I'm experiencing a large amount of noise on live playback when I output at a loud volume on external speakers. The -db count is normal, at around -12db, but my external speakers still produce noise. I can confirm it's not the speakers themselves because playing music, either through Spotify or Youtube, the speakers playback at normal volume totally clear. I experience it on all instruments, to name a few, the Steinway Grand Piano and the acoustic guitar packs.

I *was able* to remove some of this noise by lowering the low frequency levels on the channel strip's EQ setting. But this is barely a solution because I have to sacrifice the low frequency. The fuzz is not present when playing back through headphones, or on my Macbook Pro speakers.

Using Logic 10.4.4 on a 2018 MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2019 9:16 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Serious crackling/fuzz noise when outputting at high volumes (external speakers)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.