Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong computed icloud used space

Hello,

on my icloud account i see 2,6GB used but inside "manage" i see 1,6GB of data in total (1,5 of icloud drive).

Inside the icloud drive section i see 2 "encrypted folder" of "other documents" both sized 0KB.

If i press delete, nothing happen.

I'm pretty sure this 1,5GB is a whatsapp backup (that's not working right now),

how can i reset / delete all icloud drive data? I wouldn't like to buy more space for keeping 2,6GB of imaginary data...

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 24, 2019 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 10:33 AM

I had a call with Apple Support Consultant and we solved the issue.

I have stopped sync with icloud of all the apps and icloud drive, rebooted the phone and reactivated all. My icloud storage was back to 1.5GB used (right number). I guess i've already tried this but at this time it worked (maybe something done by remote support).

After this i've done a whatsapp backup and, at the end, 1.5GB of "other documents" became "whatsapp backup".

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2019 10:33 AM in response to Teddy_B

I had a call with Apple Support Consultant and we solved the issue.

I have stopped sync with icloud of all the apps and icloud drive, rebooted the phone and reactivated all. My icloud storage was back to 1.5GB used (right number). I guess i've already tried this but at this time it worked (maybe something done by remote support).

After this i've done a whatsapp backup and, at the end, 1.5GB of "other documents" became "whatsapp backup".

May 25, 2019 8:38 AM in response to jump46

Hello jump46,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to clear some data that is in your iCloud storage. To help with this, please follow the relevant steps in this Apple resource on managing iCloud storage, and then contact Apple if you need further assistance.

Manage your iCloud storage

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

Wrong computed icloud used space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.