Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive storage is reported to be filled up completely

Dear Community,

I recently switched my MacBook Pro. After I gave my "old" MacBook to my Parents, I deleted all the backed up files from Desktop and Documents from my iCloud Drive manually on the iCloud web app. I also removed this MacBook from my devices. After I set up my new MacBook, I wanted to again back up these folder on iCloud Drive. The folders are 13 Gb and 3 GB respectively. My iCloud Drive data plan is 50 GB. The finder is reporting, that the iCloud Drive is full. The iCloud control center is reporting that only ~ 25 GB of the 50 GB is used right now. How can I fix this? I guess I made some mistakes when I deleted the "old" data.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 1:00 PM

Did you check iCloud.com/Settings/ Advanced/Recover Files using a computer browser to see if the files are there? If they are there, you can try deleting them.

Other people have posted similar problems and after contacting iCloud support, found it was a server problem. iCloud support reset everything. You may have to politely ask for a level 2 person.

iCloud Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 1:00 PM in response to Intron7

Did you check iCloud.com/Settings/ Advanced/Recover Files using a computer browser to see if the files are there? If they are there, you can try deleting them.

Other people have posted similar problems and after contacting iCloud support, found it was a server problem. iCloud support reset everything. You may have to politely ask for a level 2 person.

iCloud Support

iCloud Drive storage is reported to be filled up completely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.