Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID linked to non existent email

Tested out my cousins iPhone 7 for a few days to see if i wanted to buy it, signed into my apple account like normal. I've since given it back after factory resetting it and removing it from my apple account but now it says that an apple account, that is trying to use a gmail that does not exist, Needs to be reactivated because of security reasons. This becomes a problem when i can only do that by stating a birthday i dont know for security questions. The other option is to send an email to the email that doesnt exist to reset my password and reactivate. I have never seen this apple ID before nor the email but it somehow uses one of my passwords to login with.

iPhone 7

Posted on May 24, 2019 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 11:30 PM

If the account isn't you's/your cousin's, if your cousin was the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it’s not second-hand), he/she could try going to an Apple Store (they should a Genius Bar appointment if they do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2019 11:30 PM in response to the3ms

If the account isn't you's/your cousin's, if your cousin was the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it’s not second-hand), he/she could try going to an Apple Store (they should a Genius Bar appointment if they do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Apple ID linked to non existent email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.