Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook A1534 Hard drive not showing

in my macbook 12" A1534 the hard drive is not showing only the question mark ,while externally booted also in utility not showing inbuilt hard drive

Posted on May 26, 2019 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 9:00 AM

Hey there,

It sounds like your internal hard drive might have failed. Check out this article: About the screens your Mac displays as it starts up - Apple Support

If I understood your statement correctly, this is the part that applies to you:

A folder with a question mark means that the selected startup disk isn't available or doesn't contain a Mac operating system. Learn how to resolve a flashing question mark.

If so, try those steps. If its not working by the end of those, then best to prepare to have the Mac repaired.

Best of luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 9:00 AM in response to samedfromcalicut

Hey there,

It sounds like your internal hard drive might have failed. Check out this article: About the screens your Mac displays as it starts up - Apple Support

If I understood your statement correctly, this is the part that applies to you:

A folder with a question mark means that the selected startup disk isn't available or doesn't contain a Mac operating system. Learn how to resolve a flashing question mark.

If so, try those steps. If its not working by the end of those, then best to prepare to have the Mac repaired.

Best of luck!

Macbook A1534 Hard drive not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.