Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

attachment problems mac mail 10.3

Hello.. recently updated to OSX Sierra wth mac mail 10.3.. No problems in previous versions of Mail, but now attached jpegs appear as small icons with question marks.. both to recipients and when I check the email in 'sent' folder. I need to stay with Sierra so can't update to later version of Mail which appears to have cured the problem?

The jpegs actually appear OK when composing the email.. but as soon as sent.. what happens?

( I can attach and send pdf's without any problems..)

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 30, 2019 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 11:39 AM

Thanks for your reply..

I think I've found the solution without understanding why... The problem only arises with any image format saved in PhotoShop CS6.. but if I open the same image in Preview version 9 and simply export it, without changing the image format and without further editing.. it works perfectly as an attachment.. Don't ask me why.. but it's solved the problem..

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2019 11:39 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply..

I think I've found the solution without understanding why... The problem only arises with any image format saved in PhotoShop CS6.. but if I open the same image in Preview version 9 and simply export it, without changing the image format and without further editing.. it works perfectly as an attachment.. Don't ask me why.. but it's solved the problem..

attachment problems mac mail 10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.