Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with attachments in Mac Mail

Hello everyone,

It's been months since I'm having issues with attachments in my emails. No matter if it's a JPG or a PDF, there seems to be a big delay to how my Macbook Pro behaves (2019 16" i7 on fully updated Monterey), when I'm trying to drag the file on my desktop.

First, it takes a few drags to make the file movable and after that, it almost always drags out an unrecognizable file with an "@" icon on it. The only way to solve this, is to right click, view the file as icon and then drag it.

I get the feeling that these problems started when Mail begun recognizing the text on the attached images and pdf's. So I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the feature (which I don't need anyway) and see if things get back to normal. Any other suggestions is most definitely welcome as well!

Many thanks,

Petaine

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 29, 2022 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 5:08 AM

If you end up dragging the text it identifies, then you would end up with a text clipping that contains the selected text.

Similar questions

1 reply

Problems with attachments in Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.