Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

Hi!

My 85 year old Nan has managed to lock herself out her iPad we think by creating a new Apple ID and password (so she doesn't forget it) but the iPad now wants the old ID and password that she's forgot.

We have the old Apple ID email but all her passwords and security questions don't match that she has wrote down. She got the iPad like 7 years ago and she's old so can't remember.

I thought about deleting the iPad and trying again from new, but she told me she has a picture of her brother on her iPad two days before he died so she doesn't want to lose it. She also has no computer, so from what I can tell, its never been backed up : /

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated.

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 8:41 AM

Deleting the device won't help. You need the ID and password that were used to lock it. To retrieve the password see:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Failing this, and provided she bought it new in the first place, she should take it, the original purchase documents, and some ID to an actual Apple Store and ask if they can unlock it. (I don't think they will unlock it for someone else, which could be a problem if she doesn't want to travel: all you can do is contact Support and ask for advice).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2019 8:41 AM in response to RoseCasling

Deleting the device won't help. You need the ID and password that were used to lock it. To retrieve the password see:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Failing this, and provided she bought it new in the first place, she should take it, the original purchase documents, and some ID to an actual Apple Store and ask if they can unlock it. (I don't think they will unlock it for someone else, which could be a problem if she doesn't want to travel: all you can do is contact Support and ask for advice).

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.