Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing Apple TV Remote App without remote

The dog ate my apple TV remote (let's just accept that premise...)

Now, I cannot pair my iphone 8+ with my Apple TV (2nd generation) while trying to use the Apple TV remote app. I have followed the instructions for "Use the Apple TV Remote app" here.

Specifically, I have downloaded the Apple TV app, and I have tried to pair it with my Apple TV (Steps 1-3). At that point, I receive a 4-digit code on my iPhone, and it says to enter it "ON MY APPLE TV!" It says "to do so, go to Settings>General>Remotes."

What?!

Where am I to enter this? I can't get into the Settings section of my Apple TV because I don't have a remote to do so. I looked in my Settings menu on my iPhone (just in case), but there is nowhere to do it there, either.

Help!

Thanks,

D

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 9:00 AM

With the Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation), you do need a working remote to complete the setup of the iOS Apple TV Remote app (as you found out).

These are your options:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2019 9:00 AM in response to D-Train_NeedsHelp

With the Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation), you do need a working remote to complete the setup of the iOS Apple TV Remote app (as you found out).

These are your options:

Pairing Apple TV Remote App without remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.